What’s the class like?
Since everyone comes with a different skill set (or none at all) and different goals we’ve found individual instruction is the way to go. Do you want to work fast, no problem, slow and steady with lots of repetition, you got it! We embrace all learning styles to ensure your goals are met.
Some adults come to us with very specific sewing needs (I need to learn to hem my pants), others are looking for a fun social activity (I need to do something for myself that’s not grocery shopping). Most adults are beginners, some did some sewing years (and years) ago, others know their way around a machine but need guidance with some new techniques (I want to make new pillow covers with invisible zippers).
We’re currently developing project-specific classes to select from as well for those who like things to be a little less “open-ended”. Check back to see what we’ve come up with.
All this said, we have a lot of skills in a lot of things and might even be considered experts in some! However, it’s impossible to claim we’re experts in everything.
Often students with little experience and great intentions will wish to attempt projects well beyond the scope of a beginner. This can be frustrating and demoralizing for everyone. If you’re unsure about a project you’re thinking of give us a call before booking your class and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
So what types of projects are probably beyond the scope of this class?
- Pattern Drafting
- Serious Costumes (cosplay or otherwise)
- Upholstery (furniture or cushions)
- Drapes (simple curtains are fine)
- Advanced Quilting (piecing or otherwise)
- Becoming a famous fashion designer
- You may cancel any booking from the My Account Page. If canceling a class that starts within the next 24 hours you may need to contact the studio directly. Don’t worry, you can cancel any class before the start time, even if the class starts in the next 5 minutes. If you used store credit or a gift certificate to purchase the class then the value will be returned to your account immediately for future use. If you paid for your class with a credit card then a store credit will be manually issued to your account within 24-48 hours. There are no refunds for canceled classes. If you fail to attend a class without canceling then no credit or refund will be issued, no exceptions.
- If you used store credit or a gift certificate to pay for your class you can simply cancel the first class from the My Account Page and then use the credit to rebook the desired class time. If you paid by credit card then you must cancel the first class, wait for your store credit to be issued (up to 48 hours), then rebook the desired class time. As an alternative, you can contact the studio to have your class rescheduled.